Author of this site: Andy M Tran
Andy is a consultant, registered house designer and real estate developer. He believes we can create better cities with intensification strategies, including 2nd suites of existing homes.
He helps clients take the stress out of legalizing 2nd suites by creating an excellent design and working with various municipalities. He holds a degree in Architectural Science from Ryerson University, and is formerly an inspector and educator at Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd.
- Bachelor of Technology Degree in Building Science from Ryerson University School of Architecture
- Registered Building Code Designer through Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (BCIN # 102774)
- Graduated with Honors from Humber College Home Inspection Training Program
- Certified Energy Adviser through NRCan (Natural Resources Canada)
- Legal 2nd Suite Consultant/Designer/Reno Coach – Consulting numerous homeowners, investors and Realtors on compliant secondary suites and assisting with permits
- Renovation work – Performed 5 major renovations in his own investment portfolio
- In depth knowledge of Building Codes – Ontario Building Code, National Building Code (Canada) and International Residential Code (US)
- Technical Editor - Home Study System (Canada) and ASHI@Home (US) for comprehensive home inspection training
- Home Inspections and Energy Auditing - Inspected over a thousand homes and performed energy audits to over two hundred between 2007 to 2011
- Authored "Basement Apartments: What Buyers & Sellers Need To Know", a continuing education course for Carson Dunlop, and approved by RECO (Real Estate Council of Ontario)