Suite Additions Inc. Consultation Agreement
This is an official agreement between Suite Additions Inc. and customer (please complete form below). The following items are understood and agreed upon by both Suite Additions Inc. and client for the services of an on-site consultation and any associated report.
1. The on-site consultation and any associated report are for informational purposes only and must not be relied upon to make any decisions regarding real estate transactions.
2. The intent of this service is to focus on the main requirements as set out by the Ontario Building Code 2012 for secondary suites, in addition to some of the local by-laws, and ways to optimize the space for the intended function. The information provided by the consultation and any associated report is not comprehensive in nature, and may vary depending on specific rules of each municipality, and their interpretation of the building code.
3. The on-site consultation is NOT an inspection, and is not intended to identify deficiencies related to the home or all of the requirements for a secondary suite.
4. Floor plans as part of the report is an initial conceptual layout only, and is not meant to be used as a final
design for permit or construction purposes, and is not meant to be used as a final design for permit or construction purposes.
5. Final design must be completed by a licensed designer, architect or engineer, and submitted to municipality for approval in the form of a building permit before any alterations or construction work begins.All construction work needs to be completed by licensed and insured professionals.
7. The total liability from Suite Additions Inc. to the client should a claim arise, shall not exceed the fee or $1,000 (whichever is greater) associated with the consultation service.